The GDPR requires us to obtain consent from EU residents before using their data in any way. It also entitles them to access their data and ask for it to be removed and forgotten from any databases on request. We are extending the same rights to citizens outside the EU for consistency and transparency in understanding how your data is being used.
Below is a list of privileges and how you can exercise these privileges and rights included with GDPR.
- Right to Consent to Use of Data
- Right to Access & Obtain Data
- Right to be Forgotten/ Removed from Database
You have a right to consent to how Altrnatives.com uses your data. Below is a list of the data points we collect and how they are used. We never abuse your information and it’s never sold to third parties.
Along with consenting, you also have the right to withdraw your consent. Ssee How to Revoke Your Consent below.
What Data is Collected (Fields included in forms)
- First Name – used as a contact point reference
- Last Name – used as a contact point reference
- Email Address – used as a contact point
- Phone Number – used as a contact point
- Interest – used to track the brand(s) you’re interested in
- Source – used to track how you found Altrnatives.com
- Other Text Field Box – collects any information you wish to provide us
How Your Data is Used
- Marketing emails and marketing promotions such as newsletters
- Informational updates about Altrnatives.com
- Invitations to special events, webinars, and conferences
How Long is My Data Stored
Your data is stored for an indefinite matter of time if you don’t notify us via the below methods to remove it. In the case that Altrnatives.com tries to contact you and your email address and/ or phone number are no longer viable, your information will be declared inactive and Altrnatives.com will not continue to attempt contact.
If your contact information is updated with viable information, our records will be declared active as long as you haven’t exercised your right to revoke consent or be forgotten.
How to Access Your Data
Under GDPR you have the right to ask for all the data collected on you. Your data is stored in a secure database. It will take up to 72 hours to retrieve and send you collected data. The data will be provided in the form on a spreadsheet and sent via personal email.
How to be Forgotten
Your right to be forgotten refers to your right to have your information wiped from our database. If you wish for your information to be removed please email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll confirm your information is removed via personal email within 72 hours.
How to Submit a Complaint Concerning Your Data
If you wish to submit a formal complaint against how your data is being used, collected, or stored by Altrnatives.com, contact our support team at email@example.com.
If you’ve consented to receive messages from us and need to revoke that consent, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll update our records and ensure your data is not stored. We’ll confirm your withdrawal via personal email within 72 hours.